Consumers are changing how and why they travel due to the coronavirus pandemic. This has caused consumer travel trends to shift dramatically. Many consumers are opting to travel via car rather than public transportation. According to a survey by McKinsey, consumers are valuing private cars over air and train travel. Those who are opting to travel are evaluating brand trust more than ever before. A survey by PWC found that consumers are looking at safety and cleanliness over pricing, cancelation policy, and loyalty programs. What can brands do to increase consumer confidence? They need to communicate their safety procedures and assure customers that they will have a frictionless customer experience. This is where a streamlined travel advertising strategy comes into play.
Adjusting a travel advertising strategy might seem challenging at the moment. While some travelers might not be adventuring out now, they are more than likely starting to plan out and think about their next trips. To get consumer confidence back in the future, travel brands will need to continue to increase consumer confidence and make sure that their messaging resonates with those who are traveling right now. Location intelligence is going to be vital for brands looking to enhance their travel advertising strategies.
Latest Insights on Location Intelligence
Sign up to get the latest from Gravy Analytics straight to your inbox.
Let’s take a look at how travel and hospitality brands can use our latest advertising audiences to reach consumers who are traveling during COVID quarantine:
- Business Travelers during COVID quarantine: This advertising audience is perfect for hotels and airlines looking to extend special offers, such as a free upgrade to first class or discounts on hotel room food delivery, to business travelers.
- Frequent Air Travelers during COVID quarantine: This advertising audience is ideal for airlines looking to reach consumers who are frequently at airports. Airlines can use this audience to send out notifications to customers about changes to safety procedures and remind travelers about what the airline is doing to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Train Travelers during COVID quarantine: This advertising audience is great for rail companies looking to reach consumers who are frequently at train stations. Rail companies can advertise discounts on train services, reassure customers about their COVID-19 policies, and promote special offers such as room upgrades for long distance rides.
- Pleasure Traveler during COVID quarantine: This advertising audience is perfect for brands looking to reach consumers who are traveling for vacation. Travel brands who rent vacation homes can use this audience to reach travelers who might be interested in renting a vacation home or apartment with their pod.
- Weekend Traveler during COVID quarantine: This advertising audience is best for hotels looking to reach consumers who are interested in short-stays. Hotel brands can use this audience to advertise discounts and offers related to weekend stays, and reach locals who might be interested in a weekend getaway.
- Car Renters during COVID quarantine: This advertising audience is ideal for car companies looking to reach consumers who have rented cars. Car rental companies can advertise their contactless pick-up and drop-off services. They can also advertise discounts to customers who have rented from a competitor in the past couple of months.
Ready to start revamp your travel advertising strategy? Check out our latest advertising audiences below.
|Canada Pet Lover||Mobile users that love pets, attending pet shows, pet stores, dog parks, etc. in Canada|
|Canada Home Depot Visitor||Mobile consumers recently visiting a Home Depot in Canada|
|Curbside Pickup - Walmart||Mobile users observed at Walmart's curbisde pick up locations|
|Indoor Fast Food Diner||Mobile users observed at a fast food restaurant|
|Indoor Casual Fast Food Diner||Mobile users observed at a fast casual restaurant|
|In-Store Retail Shopping||Mobile users observed at a retail shop, boutique, outlet or mall|
|In-Store Grocery Shopping||Mobile users observed at a grocery store|
|Likely Pet Supply Delivery Customers||Mobile users that likely have a pet supply subscription service based on their current shopping habits, industry, and or commute length among other factors|
|Recent Retail Visit by Shopper - Stewart's Shops||Mobile users that have recently visited a Stewart's Shops|
|Tesla Owner||Mobile users that visit Tesla showrooms, service centers, and charging stations|
|Car Rental Travelers during COVID quarantine||Mobile users that rent cars when traveling since March 15, 2020|
|Weekend Traveler during COVID quarantine||Mobile users that take weekend trips since March 15, 2020|
|Pleasure Traveler during COVID quarantine||Mobile users that travel for pleasure since March 15, 2020|
|Train Travelers during COVID quarantine||Mobile users frequently seen at any type of train station since March 15, 2020|
|Frequent Air Travelers during COVID quarantine||Mobile users frequently seen at an airport since March 15, 2020|
|Business Travelers during COVID quarantine||Users whose travel profiles indicate business travel since March 15, 2020|